ACG delivers the Foundation programme on behalf of the University of Auckland.
Students must successfully complete the full requirements of 4 passes (40%) and gain an IELTS score of 6.0, or English B grade minimum to qualify for the Certificate in Foundation Studies. To gain guaranteed entry to the degrees requires minimum aggregate marks and additional requirements as stipulated, in addition to completing the Certificate.
The Certificate has also been approved for entry to a range of Australian universities, including The Australian National University (ANU), The University of Adelaide, La Trobe University and Monash University.
Two offers of place from the start
All international students who enrol in the University of Auckland Certificate of Foundation Studies will receive two offers of place at the time of application: a letter of offer for the Foundation Studies course and a conditional letter of offer for the University of Auckland. A confirmed offer of place will be issued by the University of Auckland when students have successfully completed the Certificate in Foundation Studies.
The University of Auckland Courses and Entry to Degrees (54.84 Kb)
Other Universities accepting ACG students
All New Zealand Universities accept the University Of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies qualification as meeting University Entrance. Over 13,000 students have been through the Foundation programmes delivered by ACG on behalf of various New Zealand Universities. Statistics show the vast majority of these students plan to continue on with their original choice of university from their Foundation Programme.
This is certainly our hope for students. However, for a few students each year, their circumstances change and they look for a tertiary provider overseas. We are sometimes asked by prospective students (and their parents and agents) what prospects there are for study overseas on completion of Foundation. The list below is in no way exhaustive but gives an indication of where some of our students have gone to complete their tertiary study outside New Zealand.
- Australian National University
- Bond University
- California State University East Bay
- City University of New York
- Curtin University of Technology
- HIALS (Aalesund University College, Norway)
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Maranatha Christian University
- Monash University Melbourne
- Nanyang Technological University
- National Autonomous University of México
- Northern Arizona University
- Oregon State University
- Prince Mohammad Bin Fahad University
- RMIT International University Vietnam
- Ryerson University
- Singapore Management University
- Swinburne University
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- University of Adelaide
- University of Amsterdam
- University of Birmingham
- University of British Columbia
- University of Hawaii
- University of Maastricht (the Netherlands)
- University Of Manchester
- University of Melbourne
- University of Nottingham (Ningbo campus)
- University of Nottingham (UK campus)
- University of Queensland
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Sydney
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Western Australia